Black Raspberry and Apricot Glazed Ham
Yield – 1 ½ cup
Cook Time – 2 ½- 3 hours
- One 8-10 pound fully cooked smoked ham
- 1 cup Black Raspberry Sparkling ICE
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
For the ham:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham flat side down in a tin foil lined shallow roasting pan.
- Score the top and sides of ham with a sharp knife
- Add a ½ cup of water to the pan and loosely cover with tin foil.
- Place in oven and set timer for 30 minutes.
For the glaze:
- Whisk together ½ cup of Black Raspberry Sparkling ICE with the rest of ingredients until combined.
- Add mixture to a medium saucepan on a low flame, stirring continuously until thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the remaining ½ cup Sparkling ICE and simmer for 2 minutes more, pour into a heatproof bowl.
Finishing the ham:
- After 30 minutes, remove tin foil and brush a generous coat of glaze on the ham. Apply the tin foil back on loosely, and place in oven for 30 minutes more.
- Take ham out of oven and discard tin foil. Apply another generous coat of glaze and place back in oven.
- Set a kitchen timer for 1½ hours and cook uncovered, glazing 3 more times every 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and apply one more coat of glaze, slice and serve immediately.