Orange Mango Grilled Pork Chops with Sparkling Pineapple Coconut Chutney
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Inactive marinate time: At least 10 hours or overnight
Ingredients for Pork Chops
- 2 ¼ cups Sparkling Orange Mango Mojo Marinade (see above recipe)
- 6 boneless or bone-in thinly cut pork chops (about 1 ½ – 2 pounds total)
Ingredients for Chutney
- 1 ½ cups Pineapple Coconut Sparkling Ice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (dark or light)
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, medium chunks
Directions for Sparkling Pineapple Coconut Chutney
- Combine Pineapple Coconut Sparkling ICE and brown sugar in a large sauté or frying pan. Cook on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the mixture is syrupy and about half its volume.
- Add the fresh pineapple chunks and cook for about 10 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Turn off the pan once the pineapples have darkened in color and are soft enough for a knife to glide through with ease.
Directions for Grilling
- Remove pork chops from marinade and pat dry with a towel, apply salt and pepper both sides.
- Heat grill on medium high heat. Once the grill is ready, place the pork chops flat on a 45 degree angle and cook for 2 minutes.
- For perfect grill marks, lift the pork chop and rotate to the opposite angle (think of a clock- start facing 2 and then you rotate the pork chop to face 10). Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Flip the pork chop to the other side, turn the heat to medium, and repeat step 3.
- Grill until cooked through, or until instant read thermometer reads 145 degrees internally.
- Rest 3 minutes, top with chutney and serve.
ORANGE MANGO GRILLED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST
- Thin cut boneless chicken breast can be substituted in place of pork chops.
- Cooking directions are the same with the exception of cooking time and internal temperature for doneness (which for poultry should be 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer).