Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Yield – Two 9-inch cakes
Cook Time – 40 minutes
- 1½ cups Pineapple Coconut Sparkling ICE
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 pineapple, cored and sliced
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar or ½ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottoms of two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease the sides and bottom with cooking spray.
- Mix one box of yellow cake mix with Sparkling ICE Pineapple Coconut until smooth. (Omit all ingredients that the cake box tells you to use i.e. eggs, oil, and water).
- In a large frying pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar. A caramel-like sauce will begin to form.
- When the sugar is dissolved, add the pineapples and cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange the pineapples so they cover the entire bottom of the cake pan.
- Evenly pour the caramel sauce over the pineapples to cover the bottom.
- Pour the cake batter on top of the pineapples and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in cake pan for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Carefully flip onto a serving dish, pineapple side up.
Serve warm or room temperature.