Sparkling ICE Lemon Tea Spice Cookies
For the cookies:
- Mix 1/2C shortening & 1/2C sugar; blend in 1 egg, beating well.
- Sift together 1 3/4C flour, 1/2t baking soda, 1/2t salt, 1/2t cinnamon, 1/4t nutmeg.
- Add mixture to dry ingredients, alternately with 1/4C Sparkling ICE Lemon Tea. Chill for 1 hr.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350, about 10-12 mins, until edges are browned.
For the frosting:
- Mix 3C powdered sugar with ½C softened butter, 2t grated lemon peel, 3-4t lemon juice, and 3-4t milk.
- Beat frosting ingredients on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread about 1 heaping teaspoon frosting on each whole cookie; top with second cookie.